First of all, we hope you had a wonderful Holiday Season and a happy New Year! Since we last checked in, we’ve almost given away 50K ADA worth of books! We still have a handful to give away from the holiday wallet, but it has been a lot of fun giving away so many books — people have been very excited and grateful.
And we’re grateful, too. Not only have we been giving away books, but the Book.io community stepped up BIG, and they donated hundreds of books for us to give out. It feels good to be a part of such an awesome community and movement.
- We’ve had a crazy schedule since Christmas:
- We had book sales:
- The Count of Monte Cristo: Still a lot of rare covers left, and only 1K books remain.
- The Time Machine: This one sold out quickly, so if you’re looking to get book #5 in our adventure series, you’ll need to get one at Jpg.store.
- We also had a flash sale of Dog Breaking (Hosky Edition) to celebrate National Dog Training Month. We’ve had a lot of fun with Hosky Token over the last year, and this was a great mint. Again, if you missed it, head to Jpg.store.
- On Thursday, we started our Shakespeare series with Hamlet. It was a super fast mint, but you can get one on the secondary market.
- We airdropped some books:
- Plato’s Republic to holders of The Iliad and The Odyssey. Some of my favorite art work on this one.
- A Christmas Carol to holders of our Dickens Series. We felt like these were a good present for Christmas Eve.
- Josh and Ben attended CES last week in Las Vegas for some meetings that went really well. Wish we could disclose more, but very exciting stuff!
- We crossed 16,000 Twitter Followers and, as always, decided to celebrate.
- Last week the team was in full final QA mode for both the Android and Mobile Reading Apps. (Sure, have a sneak peek)
- This week we will be gearing up to go to Digital Book World in NYC the following week. Josh will be giving a session on “Digital Ownership, NFTs, and New Revenue Streams for Publishers.”
- This week we have two mints coming up:
- Thursday we will be minting Macbeth by Shakespeare (Book #2 in the Shakespeare Series)
- This coming Saturday we will drop the next book in the Adventure Series, Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
2022 was a great year, but it was only the beginning. In 2023, we will be working on scaling by bringing on Publisher/Indie Author books, growing the team, building out the world’s best mobile apps, audiobooks, and so much more.
Thanks for your support. Feels like 2023 is going to be special — glad to be on this journey with you.
Join the Discussion:
CEO & Cofounder