I can’t believe we are on Chapter 20 of this fantastic journey together. We dropped the Gutenberg Bible 109 days ago — which feels both like it was last week and a decade ago. Whether this is your first chapter with us, or you’ve been here for the whole ride, thanks! Let’s get to it…
Updates from last week:
- Josh and Ben headed to Nashville to spend time with the Ingram Content Group Executive team. We will have some exciting updates coming up as those systems are built and operationalized. Seriously a great trip!
- We launched two books and had two drops this week:
- On Halloween, we dropped The Legend of Sleepy Hollow to Monster Series holders. You can get one here, but don’t forget your ADA- lots of diamond hands.
- Tuesday we had the final Gutenberg #Droppening and have been excited to see new people coming into the #OGBookClub recently. If you got a free book, share one with someone and get them involved in the project — it’s a great introduction to NFTs and crypto in general! Excited to see that #0000 finally has its first owner.
- We dropped The Fixer by Bestselling author, Jon F. Merz. You can still mint here. Keep in mind that with every purchase, you’re entered to win a trip! We also had a great Twitter space with Jon if you want to listen.
- On Saturday, November 5th, we launched Guy Fawkes: The Gunpowder Treason as a flash mint, and quickly sold out. We had a lot of fun doing it, and it’s fun to keep everyone on their toes. If you missed it, you can get one here.
- While we had plans to release The Island of Dr. Moreau, we delayed it (more to come on that).
- This coming week is a big week for us and we will have several remote employees in from out of town so the whole team can be meeting face-to-face.
- Since we are planning and strategizing this week, we are not going to do any mints this coming week. We need to take a breather to build so that we can scale even faster because demand is growing.
- We have a lot of really great titles and Authors that we will be launching new mints during the rest of November.
- We have been seeing some messages that we are not responding fast enough to requests. Totally understand that frustration — however, we are absolutely inundated with incoming requests from Authors, Projects, Publishers, and Readers. We intend to respond to each inquiry. Part of this planning week — and not minting for a week — is to catch back up and continue building for the masses.
- We have connected with lots of outsourcing teams and new contractors, and are interviewing even more candidates for some new roles that will all help scale up engineering, product, marketing, and publisher/author expansion.
- We had a surprise guest stop by the office. Great to meet a friend IRL.
- We woke up to a great tweet on Saturday from ADA whale along with an inbox full of new users that signed up. That Whale can make some waves. Thanks buddy!
- It’s been a great (and looooong) week — but so exciting to see many parallel paths all moving at once as we are growing quickly.
Truly, thank you for your support. We appreciate you all, and I can speak for the team when I say we’re very grateful for this opportunity. I’d like to end this email with a quote, and maybe some advice, from Ernest Hemingway.
“Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
CEO & Cofounder