Chapter 19 (2022.10.30)
It was a super fun, super busy week at Book.io headquarters again. So much to talk about, so let’s just skip the “how’s the weather” chat and dive right in, mmmkk?
Updates from last week:
- Friday was our 100th day since we launched our first book, the Gutenberg Bible. Coincidentally, we also crossed over 1,000,000 ADA in secondary transaction volume on the Gutenberg Bibles on Friday. On Saturday, we broke through that hurdle on the Monster Series.
- Another amazing week of book releases:
- Monday we dropped The Wizard Tim, a humorous book several years in the making by Joseph Eleam and Tim Canada which sold out — Available on the jpg.store. The really unique thing here is that the book contents vary from book to book with special artwork.
- Wednesday we dropped our first-ever Romance title by established author Gina Azzi, Hot Shot’s Mistake. There are less than 400 left to mint including some rare ones. If you missed out, you can scoop them up here. This will be historic as we broaden our audience outside of crypto into other genres like Romance, which has a tremendous readership base.
- Friday we dropped 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea which was the 9th book in the Classics Monster Series. Already had #0001 sell for 9,200 ADA!
- Also, the #Monsterdrop snapshot took place, and surprisingly there were 627 complete sets!
- Tomorrow on Halloween (which is crazy to think that it’s already here) the 10th and final Monster book, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, will be airdropped to each of those 627 wallets.
- Do not forget, the snapshot for the last Gutenberg #Droppening is at 12:00 AM UTC on Nov.1st. If you haven’t de-listed your book for sale you still have time to do so. There is over a 90% chance of receiving another of the world’s first-ever NFT eBook. The actual #Droppening will take place on Nov. 2nd. If you don’t have a Gutenberg Bible, you can always get one here.
- Internally the team has been hard at work outlining the path for the next several months.
- We have 3 new team members starting at the beginning of November and will have some related press releases to announce some of that.
- Josh and Ben will be traveling to one of the motherships this week — to visit Ingram Content Group at their headquarters in Nashville, TN. We will be deep-diving into some of our recent results and case studies, as well as continuing the path towards automated Mint & Print. Super exciting stuff as far as the future of publishing is concerned. (We’ll take some pics!)
- We had a massive influx of published authors, many of which are New York Times Bestsellers, who have contacted us and want to launch books on the platform.
- This coming week we have some awesome releases dropping:
- The Fixer by New York Times Bestseller (and actor) Jon F. Merz. This is going to be a big one… if you don’t follow him on the Twitter you certainly should.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason, and plot…
Really appreciate all the positive feedback and great comments from everyone — so exciting to be on this journey with you all! We hope you have a super scary Halloween!
Join the Discussion:
CEO & Cofounder